Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Waiting Game Has Begun..



After successfully completing the HSG scan mission and getting our tests done in November 2008, I had to wait for the first day of my next monthly flow in order to call LPPKN to get an appointment with our doctor. At that time, I really had no idea who our doctor is going to be, whether it's a man-doctor or a woman-doctor. I was hoping to get a woman-doctor. 

The day finally came on a fine December day and I called LPPKN after 2.30 pm like instructed (patients will not get an appointment if they call before 2.30 pm). A nurse picked up my call and asked for my file number (which was written on my appointment card) and told me to hold the line. I think she went to get my file as the line went silent for a few minutes and then when she was back on the phone, she told me the name of our doctor. Gasp! It's a man-doctor! Huhu.. I asked her whether it was possible to get a female doctor but she told me that patients cannot choose since the waiting list is very long and, furthermore, my assigned doctor is one of the best in this field. Hearing that, I accepted and then asked for an appointment date. She went silent again as she checked the doctor's schedule and then announced that my doctor's schedule was already full for that month, so I needed to wait out this cycle and then call the clinic again on the first day of my next monthly flow. 

I was a bit disappointed to hear the news and about having to wait but I had no choice. So I thanked her and hung up the phone. So December went by with nothing happened and then came January 2009. My monthly flow came and I called up LPPKN again after 2.30 pm. The nurse checked my doctor's schedule and told me that my doctor's schedule was full so I had to wait out this cycle too. AGAIN! Uh! Oh! I think the waiting game has begun. So just like December, the month of February went by without any exciting events. 

Then came February. Like a programmed machine, on the first day of my monthly flow, I called up LPPKN again after 2.30 pm to get an appointment. The nurse who picked up my call and checked my doctor's schedule. Then she told me to come in next morning since there was still a slot left for the next day. I immediately agreed and wrote down the date on my appointment card. FINALLY! 

I guess this is what we will be going through in our journey of trying to conceive. I was already feeling a bit frustrated because I had to wait out on two months' cycle just to get a seating with my doctor. But whatever happens, we would just have to be patient with the whole system and pray hard that this does not happen too often.

0 comments on "The Waiting Game Has Begun.."

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez