Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not Again!!


I seem to have a bad luck streak when it comes to IT stuff lately. Just last month I had a panic attack when my external hardisk crashed, then suddenly out of nowhere my PC at my office blinked and died! I tried to reboot the dang thing but all I got was a blank black screen with some error message that a ntoskrnl.exe is missing. Wha?? How did that happen?!

Since it is an official asset, I had to call up a technician to come and take a look with high hopes that my suddenly banged up PC could be restored. She tried to do some recovery with Windows Boot CD but that didn't work. She had to take my PC away to get some diagnostic things done to it. Fine. I'll just hang around doing nothing since I don't have my source of work tool anymore.

Waiting around doing nothing is no fun I tell you. So I asked my dear husband to send me my netbook so at least I have something to do while waiting. Later on, another technician came by my office room and told me the bad news. The hardisk on my PC is dead! What??!! Again??!!!! I nearly hyperventilated when I think about all my work data inside that PC! Oh My God!!!! I begged the technician to try and do some recovery data pronto since there are quite a number of classified information involved. He told me that the vendor didn't cater to recovery of data but they did gave him two numbers to contact regarding this problem. The recovery is quite costly because the cheapest is RM400 and it can go up to RM4000 per recovery! I told him just to try anything and ask the treasury whether it is allowed to be financed by the organization since it is their property to begin with. (Hope it works!!!)

Then, at home I had some trouble with my bluetooth mouse not connecting to my netbook! Arrrghhh! It was working fine during the day but suddenly the bluetooth toggle didn't recognize any devices at all! I feel like killing somebody (my netbook maybe?) since there are too many problems associated with IT lately. I looked up loads of information on how to make my netbook detect bluetooth devices but to no avail. I even tried reinstalling the bluetooth's driver this morning but still it would not cooperate! Lastly I resorted to just using a normal wired mouse grudgingly. I am going to have my brother take a look later with hopes that he can do some miracle with this thing!


Reaaalllyyyy not a good time for me! :(

0 comments on "Not Again!!"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez