Sunday, February 12, 2012

3rd Trimester ~ Last Prenatal Checkup? ~


My dear husband and I went for our checkup at Tawakal Hospital yesterday. As usual, we arrived a little bit late and had to wait for about 1++ hours before we could see the doctor. When our turn came, Dr. S checked my blood pressure as usual and asked the routine questions about my progress and if I had any irregular complaints. Since it is already my 37th week, and I had been experiencing some contractions for the last couple of weeks, she told that I might get into labour a lot earlier than my expected due date.

Then she did an ultrasound scan of the baby to check how big the baby has grown, the position and etc etc. She also checked my pelvic bone and whether I can deliver the baby normally or have to go through operation. The examination was quite painful actually and knowing that my pain threshold is low, it burned a little while the procedure was done. I was so very very very glad when the examination was over.

I told Dr. S about my worry of the labour pain and she told me that I could do some squatting exercise to help loosen up my pelvic bone so that it can open more easily during labour. She also told me to do breathing exercises which can also help a lot during labour. I have to get on the Internet to get some information about these exercises because the antenatal class my husband and I attended back in November 2011 did not teach us about the exercises in detail. Plus, I am very forgetful nowadays that I don't really recall most of what I've learned during the class! ( >.< )

Dr. S then told us that she needs to see me again after a week to determine whether the baby has moved into the birthing position or is still high up in my tummy. So, I am scheduled to see her again on the 20th of February (if I haven't gone into labour before that, that is) for another examination. Ouch!! So yesterday was not my last prenatal checkup but the 20th might be the last. I am soooo nervous about going into labour. Huhu.. Praying hard to Allah SWT that everything goes well.


0 comments on "3rd Trimester ~ Last Prenatal Checkup? ~"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez