Friday, March 30, 2012

~ Baby's First Month ~ First Shot! Ouch!


Our baby is a month old! I can't believe how time flies. Now my maternity leave is depleting and I am still not fully recovered. I need more leave days!! Anyway, my baby and I had appointments to see our doctors. Mia needed to be given her month-old shot and I needed to be checked up by my doctor, Dr. S.

As usual, we went to Tawakkal Hospital from Putrajaya and arrived there at around 10.30 am. We registered baby Mia at her pediatrician'c (Dr. Z) clinic first and then me at my clinic. We waited at the pediatrician's clinic for her to get her first shot. Well, technically this is her second shot since she got ger BCG shot before we left the hospital after her delivery. 

The pediatrician checked Mia and told us that she's healthy. Her weight had gone up from 3.1 kg to 3.85 kg. We were not so surprise since her cheeks had been getting chubbier everyday. She was wiggling around so much whilst her doctor was examining her. And then it was time for her to be given the shot. I had to stay away because I couldn't bear to see her cry. I only knew that the shot was administered once I heard my baby wailing at the tops of her lungs. It must have been painful to her. Poor baby! ( _ _ )

Dr. Z then told us that our baby might get a fever after the shot had been given so he will prescribed us a medicine. We were told to give our baby a dosage of the medicine once we get back home just in case the fever fires up later. He also told us to look out for signs of colicky moments and report to him at the next visit since babies are usually colicky in their 2nd month. Then we were sent on our way and it was time for me to see my doctor.

Dr. S checked me and she said that everything looked okay to her and my wound is healing nicely but slowly. I did mentioned to the doctor that I had been having gas and wind lately and I also had headache quite often. The doctor told me that it might came from not enough eating and not enough rest. I am told to rest a lot and sleep when the baby sleeps. My weight had been going down so I was also told to pack up on food. Reality is that I cannot have the luxury to rest and eat a lot since I am always alone at home with the baby and there's no one to take care of the two of us. So, I had to do everything on my own during the day most of the time except when my mother comes during the evening or when my husband didn't have to go to his lab. My appointment was set for another two months so hopefully I will be fully recovered and feeling a little bit healthier by then.

Baby Mia's next shot is scheduled to be on 27th of March. I hope everything goes well. I do love looking after the baby and am still adjusting myself to the new role of a mother. I hope I can give the best care for my baby and she will grow up healthy and happy. ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "~ Baby's First Month ~ First Shot! Ouch!"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez