Thursday, March 22, 2012

Confinement ~ Traditional Massage ~


I am still in my confinement days and I have about 3 more weeks to go. I am counting the days till I can go out and do a little bit of shopping for the baby. As of now I am recuperating quite well. I managed to get up by the end of the first week even though it was reeaaalllly painful. I actually forgot how painful it was to move after a c-section operation. I managed to start doing small chores around the house by the second week. Since my mother can't really stay at our home full time to take care of me and the baby, we had to make do with whatever resources we have. My mother do come whenever she can but she's usually around only in the afternoon. Otherwise, it's either my husband and me or me alone with the baby whenever my husband goes to his lab.

It was around the second week that I had started to get painful cramps in my tummy. My mother said that it must have been gas or wind in my body. I guess since we had to take care of things most of the time by ourselves, my meal time is a Since my diet for confinement is not so appetizing, I only eat a small portion every meal. The fact that I didn't eat my meals not strictly on time also added to the chance of gas and wind entering my tummy. It was really really really painful! If you are ever in confinement, please take good care of your health and eat on time to avoid this painful agony. I am telling you, it is VERY painful!

Most of our friends that came to see the baby told me to get a traditional post delivery massage. I have never gotten a body massage before because firstly, I am ticklish and secondly, I don't handle pain too well. But since I kept getting painful tummy ache and even headache because of the wind, I grudgingly agreed to get a massage. My husband's friend had given him a contact number for a masseuse. She offers her services for massages and even post delivery care. I decided to give it a try and contacted her and set up an appointment. The package that I agreed to was a three days c-section post delivery massage. 

The great thing about this masseuse is that she does not have to be picked up but she came to our house on her own with no extra charge. From the first day I told her that I had never been massaged before and I am very ticklish and have a low pain threshold. She reassured me that she will adjust the pressure while massaging to my level of acceptance. I found that the massage was not that bad and I could endure it. There were some problematic areas such as my shoulders and legs which did hurt quite a bit when she massaged me. She told me that it's my veins being blocked and tight from years of usage and not ever smoothing them out with massaging them. My body did felt lighter after the sessions.

At the end of the three session, I can make the conclusion that the massage was okay and a must for women after delivering a baby. As for repeating a body massage at any masseuse's hands, I think I will refrain from getting massaged unless I really need it. Haha!

If anybody out there is searching for a post delivery massage, below is her contact number:

Tel: 017-325 1553 (Azah)
Email: siti_norazah80@yahoo.com

She covers the are of Putrajaya, Puchong, Kajang, Seri Kembangan and Bangi only. Her services are strictly for women only and she offers traditional massage for post delivery massage, health/stress massage, pregnant women massage and even post natal care.

I hope that my body will recover faster so that I can enjoy taking care of the baby more. ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "Confinement ~ Traditional Massage ~"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez