Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Journey Begins..


At the end of the year 2008, after my husband and I had talked it out, we decided to embark on our journey of infertility treatment. We were considering on whether to go via private or LPPKN. Going to a private doctor would be costly but the treatment may be a little bit faster when compared to LPPKN which is a government body. As we all know, the government medical service is always flocked with gazillion people making the service over-packed and slow. But the silver lining by going to LPPKN is that the cost of treatment is reimbursable (meaning I can claim back the cost I forked out for my treatment since I am a Government staff - but IVF is not covered since it is waaay much more expensive). After much discussion and weighing the cost factor, we decided to go with LPPKN since cost is a big factor in this treatment aside from the emotional roller coaster ride.

To start the ball rolling, I made a call to LPPKN and was transferred to the Fertility Clinic. I was asked by a nurse about how long I was married, have I ever been pregnant before, have I ever lost a pregnancy before, how was my period cycle (regular or irregular) and other questions I don't remember. Then she gave a me a date to come by the clinic to get some tests done.

On the day of the appointment, which was a Monday, in the month of November, our journey down the infertility treatment begins. We went to the clinic early morning and were told by the nurse at the counter to fill in some forms. Then as usual, the waiting to get our name called begins. After some time, my name was called. We went in the nurse room and were told to sit together to be interviewed. The nurse then proceeded to ask basic questions almost the same when I was interviewed on the phone but more thoroughly. 

Our blood samples were taken to determine hormone levels and my dear husband was told to go up another floor to get his semen sample taken for analysis. We didn't get to meet with any doctor during the first appointment since it was all about registering and sample taking. After all the initial procedure was done, I was given a form for HSG scan and was told to call Tawakal Hospital to set up an appointment for the scan. The nurse then told me to call the clinic again after I had my ovaries scanned to get an appointment with my doctor (which was not assigned yet at the time). We were also given a date to come in again in another two weeks' time for another round of blood test (for me only) because they need to check my hormone levels after my period has cleared up.

So, at the end of the first appointment, we were left with a mission of getting a HSG scan to advance to the next step. I'll tell you all about my experience in the next post. Till then, baby dust for every hoping mommy-to-be out there. ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "Our Journey Begins.."

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez