Thursday, July 29, 2010

Waiting Out..


I called the LPPKN today to set up my appointment. As usual patients have to call after 2.30 pm on the first day of their menses. The line is usually congested at this hour but sometimes your luck kicks in and you'd get through the busy line. Today my lady luck kinda laid back so I had to call a few times to get to my designated doctor's office to book an appointment.

The nurse that picked up my call sounded unfamiliar and she even asked out-of-routine questions. Usually the questions are 'what's your registration number?', 'when did your menses start?' and then you'd get a date for your appointment. This time around since the questions were getting a little bit weird, I sensed that I wouldn't get any dates at all for this cycle. And I was right!

The nurse told me since Ramadhan is around the corner (about three more weeks to be exact!), they are not taking Muslims appointments until after Raya. Meaning I'd have to wait out two whole cycles this time. I wasn't that disappointed since I have figured out that something like this would definitely happen to me (yeah, I kind of have the most rotten luck in the world.. bummer). But I did some quick count of the days to start a treatment cycle starting tomorrow and it actually could be done. If I were to meet the doctor tomorrow morning, I'd get three sets of hormone injections for 31st of July, 2nd and 4th of August. Then I'd have to see the doctor on the 6th for an ultrasound scan, give myself a Pregnyl injection on the 7th and undergo IUI procedure on the 9th. See? Ample time for a cycle treatment. But it depends on how big my eggs grow since my doctor is a perfectionist and he wants the eggs to be a certain size and no less for him to agree to do a procedure. Very very frustrating!

So, since I am told to wait out two whole months (four if you counted the two last abandoned cycles), that's just what I have to do I guess. Let's just take a break..

2 comments on "Waiting Out.."

maylyn on August 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

Hi, im also went to lppkn and did IUI once. noluck for us. We wanted to do another IUI but yet need to wait after raya.

Goodluck to you err to both of us. :D

nekko_chan on August 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM said...

Thanks maylyn. I do understand the pain of waiting and the heartbreak when our doctors tells us that we have to wait.

I hope after raya your second IUI will be a success.

Lots of baby dust for you! ( ^ _ ^ )

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez