Friday, July 9, 2010

And here we go again..


After the last visit to the doctor's office I was given a change of hormonal medicine. The three shots of Menopur was not as bad as I had anticipated. I googled some information on the web and found a video on Youtube giving tips on how to do a Menopur injection without getting the burning feeling too much. In the video the lady mentioned that after the medicine had been mixed, we should let it sit for about 5 minutes in the syringe to make sure that it won't burn too much when going in. Oh, and she did say that the area that the patch of skin we swabbed with the alcohol swab should be dried first because injecting on a wet area would contribute to the burning feeling of the injection. I did all that and the result was bearable injection sessions (not as bad as before). I like the effect.. Maybe next time I can even build up the courage to do the injection myself.

As scheduled, we went to the doctor's office for an ultrasound scan. The result was not as what the doctor had hoped for because the size of the ovums are not as he expected. He expected the eggs to be at least 14mm by now but unfortunately they are only 11mm. He pondered for a while and finally he decided to abandon this cycle and wait for my next menses to start a new cycle (as I had expected, of course, since that's all what I had been hearing from  him through almost every treatment cycle). I do feel disappointed to abandon this cycle none the less.. I couldn't help but wonder did I let the medicine sit too long in the syringe that the eggs' growth was stunted? Or maybe the fact that I am under high pressure lately and had been feeling tense and depression is a contributing factor too? Or maybe the medicine just did not work for me..

I am getting a little bit discouraged about the whole treatment process. It is taking too long and is sapping my energy along the way. I've even thought of abandoning the whole idea of TTC since baby dust is not getting to me at all.. Well.. whatever comes to mind I do still have to wait out this cycle and start a fourth cycle next month.. The waiting game is starting all over again.. *sigh*

0 comments on "And here we go again.."

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez