Monday, March 28, 2011

Too busy!! And 2nd attempt @ LPPKN


Hi dear readers. Remember my last post about my moving to a new office? Well, I went on the 22nd to report duty bearing a letter from my old office to postpone my working there for two weeks to settle my handover note and any pending tasks I have at the old office. Actually there's a big board meeting scheduled on the 30th so I was hoping to escape that. But not so lucky for me, the new office approved and so I had to trot back to my old office to settle the big impending meeting. Huhu.. had to prepare 15 papers including their supporting documents, plus 4 copies each of them too! Madness!!

Anyway, amongst the hectic mayhem I was in during my last hours at my comfortable office room, I sneaked a call to LPPKN to set an appointment to see my ol' doctor and the nurse slotted me in for the next morning.  My husband and I talked it out and we decided to give LPPKN another go with high hopes that things would be better for us this time around. So, when my hubby and I went to the appointment, the doctor re-reviewed my condition and past history of iui failure attempts. In the end, he advised us to try another round of IUI before moving up to IVF. I was put on clomid for a week and a change of hormonal medicine to Gonal-F. Folic acid is a must everyday.

Now Gonal-F is a follitropin alfa injection that provides the hormone (FSH) that helps the to produce eggs large healthy eggs. Uuu.. I feel like a chicken!  Unlike Menonys and Menopur which had to be mixed manually, Gonal-F comes in a preloaded and ready to use injection pen. My dosage per injection should be 150 IU that has to be administered in 3 days but the pen has 375 IU, so on the last day I have to do two injections which is one with the preloaded pen and another one via conventional method which is the mixing and injecting method. Quite dreading the 2 injection day.. huhu.. Well guys, wish me luck for this cycle ya. Till the next post! ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "Too busy!! And 2nd attempt @ LPPKN"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez