Friday, June 5, 2009

Post Operation - I woke up!


It had been 3 days since I went under the knife. Here's the recap of what I remembered on the day of the operation up till today.

2nd June - Day of operation
At 1.30 pm, a nurse came in with a hospital gown in hand and told me that I had to change into that gown. So I changed. Then I laid down unto a wheeler bed and was wheeled towards the operating prepping room with my hubby walking alongside of me. Precisely at the door of the prepping room, my husband was no longer allowed to accompany me. By that time I was a nervous wreck and tears started flowing down my cheeks looking at my husband as I was wheeled into the prepping room.

I was stationed near a table full of shiny things I didn't want to look at. A doctor came and asked me how I was doing. I told him that I wasn't feelling sleepy even though I was given the sleeping pills. He just patted my hand and said that it was ok.

After some time waiting, it was finally time. As I was wheeled into the operating theater, I saw the big operation lamps (it's the same like what we see on TV!) and said to myself how big the light is. The anaesthetician told me to spread my arms (as if I was going to fly) and then he connected the anaesthetic tube into my drip tube. Then he gave me a breathing mask and told me to breathe in and out deeply. I even told myself that I wasn't feeling sleepy at all. After that, I don't remember anything.. Guess I was knocked out after all.. hehe..

3rd and onwards - Afterwards..
I woke up at 11 am the next day. My hubby told me the nurses wheeled me back into my room after the operation at 6.00 pm. I did opened my eyes and he said I looked like I was conscious but he knew I was not really awake. I guess it was just the drugs making me look like that but I really didn't have any notion of what's happening around me at that time. I was given a clicker for morphine to make the pain lesser and my hubby told me I was clicking that thing quite a lot during my state of faint.

When I woke up, I felt the pain and nausea. I did hurl and I hurt like nobody's business! I couldn't move very much. Even the slightest movement will send jabs of pain signal to my brain. So I just stayed put on the hospital bed and try to watch reruns of Disney Channel on the TV, trying not to sneeze or cough. My husband was by my side but he did mention that he had to go to work the day after.. That made me feel quite sad..

My father came at lunch time two days in a row. My sister came with her family the next day. My brother came with my grandmama at the same time. A close friend came on the 3rd and again the next day with his family. A couple of close friends came too. The visitors that came to see me did make me feel a little bit better.

By the that evening I was awake but feeling very weak and helpless. I had to depend on people around me even just to go to the loo. I guess this is how it feels to be an invalid. So all those healthy people out there should really thank Allah SWT for their good health!

I am scheduled to be discharged on Saturday and I got 2 month's worth of Medical Leave! I'm really looking forward to just staying at home and recuperate in peace. Till then.. stay healthy guys! ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "Post Operation - I woke up!"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez