Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trying To Conceive.. The Waiting Game.. Again!


I had undergone my laparotomy to get my endometriosis cyst removed in early June 2009. The operation was a success and I had to go through a pre-menopause treatment for six months which supposedly aimed to kill the cyst cells in hopes that they don't come back.

Early this year (2010) I resumed my treatment at LPPKN but I actually had to go through the tests all over again (hence the blood test, the painful HSG scan, the waiting). I did all that and my doctor started me on my second treatment for IUI. I was given three syringes with instructions on how to mix the medicine and then inject myself with the needle. I didn't have the courage to do it myself since I am soooo afraid of needles so my husband did the injecting. The pain is quite bad when the medicine is seeping in. After a  few days and 3 injections later, we went for another ultrasound scan. Unfortunately my doctor told me the size of my ovum wasn't satisfactory (meaning it wasn't fat and plump like he wants it to be) so he told me to take another two hormone injections and come for another ultrasound a day after the last injection. We did just that and he gave us Pregnyl (an injection-type medicine to release the ovums from the tubes). A day after that, we did the IUI procedure and continued on the excrutiating Two Weeks Wait (TTW).

I didn't actually get through the TWW since Aunt Flo came on the 13th of May. The pain and disappointment overwhelmed me but I had to deal with it since it wasn't meant to be at first try. So the cycle begins all over again..

0 comments on "Trying To Conceive.. The Waiting Game.. Again!"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez