Friday, April 8, 2011

IUI Day!!


I woke up today a little bit late since I slept late last night. The prospect of my IUI procedure was hanging on my back as my dear husband and I was rushing to get ready and perform my prayers. We drove to LPPKN and stopped by a McDonald's drive-through for our breakfast on the go and ate in the car while we were stuck inside traffic. We arrived at LPPKN at 8.00 am, 30 minutes late than scheduled. Luckily the nurse at the counter was in a good mood and did not scold me or anything. I took my Duphaston while we were waiting and made a mental note not to forget this time.

My hubby and I waited for a while and then heard his name called. We were told to go up to level 7 for my hubby to produce his swimmers to be processed by the lab. After that was done, we were told to go back to level 6 for payment and then proceed back to level 7 to wait for the IUI procedure. We waited quite some time at level 6 but my name was not called. The clock was already ticking and I was getting worried. In the end I went to the nurse counter and asked about the bill. She then passed me the bill and told me to go to the payment counter. Duh!! I could have cut the waiting time shorter if only I'd asked earlier rather than waited. Huhu..

After the payment was made, we made our way back to level 7 and waited for my name to be called out. My husband was already nodding off because he stayed up late the other night doing his assignment. When my name was called, I went into the operation room and was told to lie down on my back on one of the curtained beds. Now, I have a very low pain threshold and am dreading the speculum they are going to use. I even asked the nurse whether I can be drugged so that I would not feel the pain when the speculum is inserted but she just laughed and said that I need to relax and not fight the thingamajig.. 

As I laid on the bed with my legs propped up my panic kind of build up and I was already trying to subdue my trembling. By the time the doctor came I was on the verge of a panic attack and I told my doctor about my panic state. He calmed me down and told me to take deep breaths and breath slowly. Two nurses stood by each bedside and coached me to calm down throughout the whole process. My doctor then proceeded to clean my vijayjay with warm water and then placed the speculum slowly. Surprisingly it didn't hurt as much as I anticipated but once he started to open the mouth of the speculum wide and screwing the tool to lock it in place, I started to feel pain. When the nice nurse on my right side recited my name and identification number for confirmation I was already not focusing because I was concentrating hard not to clench my muscle down there. But I did catch a glimpse of my name and confirmed. My doctor asked me to confirm my name and I hurriedly confirmed that the specimen in the small tube the nurse is holding is my husband's and my name is there on the tube.

Then the doctor proceeded to inject the sperm using a small catheter and then loosened up the speculum. The pain I felt subsided as the screw was loosened up and the speculum withdrawn out. Then my doctor told me to keep my legs bent up and lie down for 20-30 minutes. Luckily I brought a book with me this time to pass the time away. After the whole procedure and waiting is over, I was given an MC and was told to relax and try to not stress myself out. If everything goes well and Aunt Flo does not come knocking at my door this month, I am scheduled to go for a Urine Pregnancy Test on the 3rd of May.

I hope this time everything do go well and I can break great news at last to everyone for the first time. Lots of baby dust for me pretty please. Now I am embarking on the journey of the 2 weeks wait which is excrutiating on the nerves. Do pray for me ya! ( ^_^ )

0 comments on "IUI Day!!"

Post a Comment

 

ttc.. and counting.. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez